Sunday, May 4, 2008

Offer letter from QUT..




Last Tuesday, the offer letter from QUT finally came. The offer for me was to study 3 semester at around 1 and 1/2 years and each sems cost around 10k aussie dollars (quite expensive). Haha. Now, the headache is that, should I go to Australia, or should I study here locally. This month is truly a decision period for me. Some of my friends get same offer for me, some have to re-apply because their grade doesn't reached the condition, and some didn't get 1.5 years, but 2 years instead because he is switching to different major. But, till then no decision have been made yet. I am sad cause the period where i had to make a decision has come and any decision that I made, I will surely leave my home Penang. Haha, don't bother bout that, I did get some complement for the hard time as I passed my final project when the result came out on tuesday.



The content where it says what bachelor and major they offered me. I had to make decision in May.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a random passerby happening to read your entry on QUT. =) I'm also a transfer credit student to QUT from Kuching, and I can tell you the experience have been mind blasting. I love every minute I'm here. 10K is not a lot PROVIDING you come to seriously study AND experience the culture at the same time. There are some Malaysian students here who spend a truckloads of money studying for 3 years and yet only hangs out with only Malaysian. If that is the case, i think they should just stay at home cos the education quality back home is not as bad. It's the different culture and the eye opening experiences that makes it worth the while. (And also wearing winter clothes, something we can not experience back home, haha). As long as you are willing to try out new things while not losing your focus on studying, it's a good chance.

I don't know about Penang, but compared to Kuching, the studying style here is more intense. You are left to your own device, but you and I know la if students are left on our own, we enjoy first and then panic 3 days before final!

Good luck in making your decision, though. ;)