Friday, June 6, 2008

Decision made...

I have made my decision to go to study in University of Tasmania if everything goes through well in applying the visa. I had just made my payment of AUD$5598 for the University through bankdraft and credit card. The officer also booked for me air tickets to go there which cost RM 5k for two way flight with the return flight will be open for 1 year. But, the air ticket haven't confirmed yet. So, if there are any cheaper one, then I can apply for that too. I will be coming back on the November this year. Haha.

The offer letter from Tasmania came on monday, which offers me 1.5 years course there. With full exemptions, on wednesday, they also offered me a 25% scholarship too. The 25% scholarship makes me saved a few thousand ringgit for my father. But, two condition must be taken in order for me to take the scholarship. One, i must arrived there no later than 7th July and second, I must reached satisfactory marks in order to continue my scholarship for next semester(I am quite scared for this condition because I am fairly an inconsistent person, sigh).

Each semester tuition fees is AUD$7000 then after discount of 25% it will be AUD$5250. The rate when i buying the bankdraft is 3.15 (which is very high!!), maybe because it is the day that our petrol fuel rise which affected Malaysian Ringgit to go down abit in World Forex Trade. The living cost in Tasmania fairly cheaper than other places in Australia. I had planned to book and stayed in the hostel for the 1st semester of my course. I will mostly staying together with my college mates. Hopefully there are places left. Haha.

The visa for me haven't been approved yet, but it will be approved soon. This sunday, i will be going to genting highlands. Then i will be going to medical checkup after i came back from Genting. Hope everything might goes well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I start work at the University of Tasmania in August. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Remember to take some photos of tasmanian devils =P